Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Night of the Living Dead: Reanimated (2009)


Director: Mike Schnieder

PLOT: The original Night of the Living Dead recreated by various animators from around the world. Mixed media including puppetry, CGI, hand drawn illustrations, acrylics, claymation, and even animated 'tattoos' just to name a few.

UGLY MOLLY RATING:
Five Brains – Brilliant concept!





Very liquid television! For me though, it was a little to 'all over the place' and flashed too quickly between animation styles. It hurt my eyes. I appreciated the artistic quality. The quality control was lacking and there was often pixilization, but I didn’t dock brains for that as I was viewing via internet and it may be just fine it I saw it on DVD. It was interesting in its own right, but again, too much all at once for my senses...OMFG the sock puppet...lol... Just not my flavor, so I have to give it a 5. I do respect the amazing art and brilliant concept behind it.




No comments:

Post a Comment